IRGC Permits Passage of Tens of Ships Through Strait of Hormuz

The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) announced Sunday that it had authorized more than 30 vessels to traverse the Strait of Hormuz in the past 24 hours.
The IRGC Navy reported an increased rate of cargo transit via the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf, pointing to improved security and stability in the key waterway under its control arrangement.The IRGC Navy’s Public Relations Department said in a statement on Sunday that a total of 33 ships had passed through the Strait of Hormuz in the past 24 hours.The IRGC Navy noted that ships that were allowed through the strait over the past 24 hours included oil tankers, container ships, and other commercial vessels, adding that all of them had been cleared to pass after obtaining the required permits from the force under its security arrangements for the strategic waterway.
The passage of dozens of ships in recent days marks a major increase compared to transit rates in the vital waterway since the beginning of US-Israeli onslaught against Tehran in late February, which prompted Iranian military forces to take control of the waterway and impose restrictions on shipping through it.Iran announced after a ceasefire was announced to halt the offensive in early April that it would continue to control transit via the Strait of Hormuz by banning or restricting adversarial ships and charging tolls on others seeking safe passage. Last month, the United States launched a military campaign supposedly aimed at forcibly reopening the Strait of Hormuz, but it was forced to stop the maneuver amid Iran’s steadfast resilience against American piracy and threats to maritime security and stability. The IRGC requires ship owners to disclose details including the value of the ship's cargo, the flag, its origin and destination, the registered owner and manager, and nationalities of the crew, according to documents sent to shipping industry sources by Iran's Persian Gulf Strait Authority.Fars news agency said Sunday the waterway “will not return to its pre-war status”, adding that Tehran “continues to emphasize the exercise of its sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz through various means.”Iranian state broadcaster IRIB claimed earlier today that 240 vessels are currently waiting to get Iran’s permission to enter the strait.
“The intelligent control of the Strait of Hormuz is being vigorously carried out by the IRGC Navy after the severe insecurity created following the assault of the US aggressor army in the Strait of Hormuz,” the IRGC statement read.
18:39 - 3 خرداد 1405

2 بازنشر
1659 بازدید